It's a Micro World after all is a blog dedicated to discussing pretty much whatever I feel like. When I delve into scientific matters it will primarily be discussing microbiology (agricultural, bioenergy, and environmental focus). Otherwise, I'll probably ramble on about sports and life.
My posts are presented as opinion and commentary and do not represent the views of LabSpaces Productions, LLC, my employer, or my educational institution.
Please wait while my tweets load
1. Goodbye Jack LaLanne. I had no idea he invented the "jumping jack".
2. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. What I don't think is that this is not to the level of Hillary Clinton's move to New York, or Alan Keyes running over to Illinois, for their runs for Senate. ETA: The ruling has been stayed, so he's currently still on the ballot.
3. Pets have many beneficial attributes, but they also carry some risk. Also, while this should go without saying, I have to say it anyways because some people are stupid ... never ever let your pet lick an open wound.
4. Reason #45 not to own an iPhone or iPad. Sure the range is supposedly only 4 inches, but I'm sure someone, somewhere will find a way to collect those signals and use them for fradulent purposes. Why are people so thrilled with the ability to actually broadcast their most important information to the world?
5. Uh, gross. Half the listed ingredients look like they came out of a bacterial broth medium.
Water, isolated oat product, salt, chili pepper, onion powder, tomato powder, oats (wheat), soy lecithin, sugar, spices, maltodextrin (a polysaccharide that is absorbed as glucose), soybean oil (anti-dusting agent), garlic powder, autolyzed yeast extract, citric acid, caramel color, cocoa powder, silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent), natural flavors, yeast, modified corn starch, natural smoke flavor, salt, sodium phosphate, less than 2% of beef broth, potassium phosphate, and potassium lactate.
BTW, what the heck is "natural smoke flavor"?
6. Yah, I won't be eating at Taco Bell any time soon.
7. I actually feel sorry for Jay Cutler. I know he can come across as a total tool, and maybe he is one, but he was absolutely savaged both on the field, and on Twitter this past Sunday. Welcome to our new society.
This post has been viewed: 350 time(s)
2. Rahm was far and away the front runner in that election. That's why its such a big deal.
3. I hate it when pets lick me. Their breath stinks and that usually means some nasty bacteria is creeping around in there.
4. Actually, these things are getting more popular. I just heard a piece on NPR about programs that will manage your entire account, pick your cards with the best rates, or not make charges with cards close to their limit. It's pretty cool technology, and I'm sure its encrypted. Checking your e-mail/bank statement on your phone or over wifi carries the same risks
7. Jay Cutler IS a tool. He gets frustrated very easily and then the whole team looks bad...
Yah, I know it's a pretty big deal for Illinois. I was commenting more on the carpetbagging in politics. Now in Illinois (and especially Chicago) their whole system has been corrupt for ages ... Rahm will fit in just nicely. In regards to email/bank statements on phone or WiFi. I don't. The only exception is my work email on my BlackBerry (which runs off their Enterprise servers) ... and to be honest, I don't discuss anything sensitive, warranting any huge secrecy, or involving PII (personally identifiable information). This is also why I'm starting to lean against getting a personal smartphone. Yes, I'm enamored with the Andriod OS smartphones, but honestly ... it's getting to the point where I don't think I need to be connected 24/7 any longer. A few months ago, I thought it would be cool ... now not so much.
My wife yells at me all of the time for goofing around on my phone. It's nice to be connected, but it may turn in to an addiction
4. You'd be amazed what people broadcast from their iPhone/iPad at local local Starbuck$ or Barnes & Noble when they're using the wifi. Or any wifi hotspot.
5. I wonder if they're not using maltodextrin as a fat stabilizer? It binds up fats into a powder. When it makes contact with your saliva, the powder is incredibly hydrophilic. Makes for a pleasant mouthfeel. Lecithin is definitely there as an emulsifier, to keep any of the other ingredients from "weeping out."
6. I haven't been to Taco Bell since I was 8 and got sick.
Cutler may be a dicklick, but they dood got sacked significantly more than any other QB this season in the NFL and kept getting back up. His knee is jacked up and the leader of his team came quite quickly to his defense. Chicagoans will find anything to bitch about. You know what's part of a winning game plan, a fucking depth chart. I wouldn't even start Todd Collins in JV football, his day is done.