Sunday, September 21, 2008
This weekend I cleaned up a few loose ends on the website. I reformatted the Lab profile and group pages because they weren't looking that great. Having the blue bordered boxes around everything really threw off the design. I'll probably do another major design overhaul eventually.
I reordered the groups section of the site. It guess I didn't realize how stupid it was to not list out all the groups and categorize them when I first made that module. Haha, I simplified it immensely now. You can page through all of the groups or sort them by categories and subcategories. You can actually find them now without randomly searching... Yeah, I was dumb.
I also did away with the general "group comment" section and stuck my forum script into the group section. Now each group has its own discussion forum. It's pretty slick and I'm really happy with how it turned out.
The big project this weekend was adding pubmed search to the site! Now you don't have to manually type in all of your pubmed information for your publications. You can either search for your name and select the right citations, or you can batch upload all of your citations by pubmedID. That makes things WAY easier. Since I spent 3 hours yesterday learning how to parse XML through PHP I'm going to use this script to add a literature recommendation section. Then you'll be able to recommend publications to your friends and the rest of the community.
It's already a late night. Off to the gym and then home for dinner!!
Tomorrow: Fix the blogs so that users can upload images to the site (No high res though :( )
Work on my video conferencing script...Yes, You read right, video conferencing :)
This post has been viewed: 153 time(s)