It's a Micro World after all is a blog dedicated to discussing pretty much whatever I feel like. When I delve into scientific matters it will primarily be discussing microbiology (agricultural, bioenergy, and environmental focus). Otherwise, I'll probably ramble on about sports and life.
My posts are presented as opinion and commentary and do not represent the views of LabSpaces Productions, LLC, my employer, or my educational institution.
Please wait while my tweets load
Rolling River of Truth, can you spare me a sip?
The Holy fountain of youth has been reduced to a drip.
I've got this burning belief in salvation and love.
This notion may be naive, but when push comes to shove.
I will till this ground.
2. The Taliban can suck it. This lady was there doing nothing but helping, and they killed her. What asshats. It says something when the most technologically advanced items they have are weapons.
3. What Brett Favre did was majorly creepy, and clearly sexual harrassment. Won't be sorry to see him get the boot. Also, did anyone else note that his wife, Deanna Favre, looks eerily similar to Jenn Sterger?
4. Maybe it's just me but Populous DS is an annoying game. I'm really trying to get into it but my little peons are worthless and not paying any attention to me. It was not well received, as judged by the Metacritic compiled reviews (60 out of 100), so perhaps I'm onto something. Time to go back to New Super Mario Bros?
5. Hershel Walker is a beast. I hope to be half as fit at he when I am his current age (48). Heck, I'm probably less than half as fit at his age NOW.
6. Honestly NASA, I understand the reasoning behind the photoshop, but really ... this is a pretty bad hack job. Paintbrush?
7. Own a pet? Consider these points for Halloween.
Was Earth then eventually saved from death-by-snowball through the invention of carbon recycling - the evolution of creatures with a "through gut"? It is certainly intriguing that snowball glaciations are found widely before the evolution of animals but never after the evolution of the anus.
Evolution of the anus. Sounds like a wonderful research blogging post to me.
This post has been viewed: 339 time(s)
I love the New Super Mario Bros. My DS screen died, so I'm getting a DSiXL for Christmas from the hubs. It keeps me quiet on car trips!
LOL. I've thought about getting a DSi or XL. What kills me though is that neither has a Gameboy slot, and I have several Gameboy games I still love to play (Golden Sun FTW!)
Good tips for pet owners on Halloween, this will be the first year we have a pet in the house, so good to know. I look forward to the evolution of the anus...!
Strangely enough, google scholaring "evolution of the anus" doesn't bring up many hits so there might not be much to choose from.
Maybe ask Dr. Brasier for a reference to blog about. Or this could just be the typical New Scientist mode of action of presenting an untested hypothesis as a real cause and effect relationship :P
I wonder what my dog will make of all the "cats" wondering around the neighborhood!!
We don't give out Halloween candy because all the doorbell ringing drives my dogs batty!
I've done Halloween with my pets around several times, but I usually "lurk" on my premises (I love wearing a hockey mask, overalls, and carrying a fake bloodstained knife while slowly approaching families trick-or-treating) and have my candy outside. I apply the honor system, and it seems to work fairly well. Keeps kids from ringing the doorbell.
As far as asking Dr. Brasier, that's a good idea. I thought about approaching my last research blogging author but then forgot about it. Contacting him prior to any "evolution of the anus" RB post is a great idea.