It's a Micro World after all is a blog dedicated to discussing pretty much whatever I feel like. When I delve into scientific matters it will primarily be discussing microbiology (agricultural, bioenergy, and environmental focus). Otherwise, I'll probably ramble on about sports and life.
My posts are presented as opinion and commentary and do not represent the views of LabSpaces Productions, LLC, my employer, or my educational institution.
Please wait while my tweets load
1. They were still making Walkman's?
2. Will be attending the ASA-CSSA-SSSA tri-society meeting. I've already blogged about the early career scientist sessions, but I'm hoping that the meeting has some more sessions which grab my interest. This meeting is usually short on microbiology, and ASM is usually short on the agricultural issues, so it takes me two meetings to touch all my bases. Either that, or I need to find new societies and meetings to attend.
3. I'd love to be able to go into space at some point in my life. It appears however that it's going to have a severe impact on my carbon footprint.
4. I'm finally feeling better. Still have a runny nose, but I think I'm out of the woods. I may have dodged a sinus infection, so I guess it could come back and bite me in the rear sooner or later. Honestly, I think they should do away with sinuses altogether.
6. Finished my poster for my meeting. It was significantly shorter on text than I thought I was doomed to have, thanks in no small part to my support scientist who scrambled to get me some last bits of data for figures. A knowledgeable, dedicated, support staff is one of the most important factors for a lab's success.
7. For the second time in two years, a company with which we do a lot of business with (we have one of their more expensive toys tools) has tried to charge us for maintenance. We. Have. A. Warranty. Folks.
8. I'm in travel status for a few days as I meet with collaborators before the meeting. My blogging may continue to be minimal during that time. However I do intend on blogging the conference, so things should pick up next week. Thanks for stopping by folks.
This post has been viewed: 166 time(s)
I know I was shocked to find out Sony still made Walkman. I thought nobody was making tapes anymore, so what are they playing?
They have surgical operations now where you can get the membrane removed off your nasal sinuses to allow the infection to drain and not build up....
However, you may have to get the surgery repeatedly bcz it isnt always a permanent fix!
God, that sounds like a particularly unpleasant surgery!
Yeah, I'll pass on that sinus surgery! I am going to start taking allergy shots again though. I wonder what it'll be like to not have a continuously clogging nose.