Views: 261 | Comments: 11
Last by Evie on Jan 05, 2011, 4:44pm
Was reading a HuffPo article
this morning and choked on my beverage (after reading this article I need something a bit stronger) when I came across the following line ...
"A dollar more per gallon isn't that much – probably about $750 more per year for each motorist, but there's a psychological aspect to gas prices," he said. "People are going to be up in arms about this."
Only $750 more per year? Only? ONLY? Excuse me, but lets see how far $750 could go. $750 could ...
1) Pay my car insurance for the entire year,
2) It's a brand new 42" LCD television (with stand),
3) It's a movie night for two each week of the year (if you lay off the soda and popcorn),
4) It's what I typically set aside for two and a half months of groceries (including food for my two dogs),
5) It's over a year and a half of gym membership dues (for me at my gym at any rate).
Yah, $750 can go a long way ... and I'll readily admit that I'm fairly well off. And lets not forget that thats ON TOP of what we're already paying out for the year on gas as it is. But what about those people who are not as well . . . More