It's a Micro World after all is a blog dedicated to discussing pretty much whatever I feel like. When I delve into scientific matters it will primarily be discussing microbiology (agricultural, bioenergy, and environmental focus). Otherwise, I'll probably ramble on about sports and life.
My posts are presented as opinion and commentary and do not represent the views of LabSpaces Productions, LLC, my employer, or my educational institution.
Please wait while my tweets load
After a couple weeks hiatus, which saw me run off and get hitched, honeymoon in the tropics, party with Mickey Mouse, and then try to settle back down into the daily grind, I am back (again). Not sure how regularly I'll be posting, because there are still plenty of manuscripts which need writing, data which needs analyzing, and experiments that need running and troubleshooting.
1. I love the Nook 2. Compact and responsive, this little device is perfect to dragging along just about anywhere. Sure, I could read an e-book on my phone, but I love this puppy.
2. When in doubt with insurance coverage, appeal.
3. Is it just me, or does the science blogosphere seemed to have quieted down lately? I know I've been AWOL, but no scandals, no tempests in tea cups. Things seem a bit drab lately.
4. If the GOP nominated Michelle Bachmann, they'd deserve the butt-whooping they'd get in the election. And the argument for decent educations will take months to years to recover.
5. Business-as-usual in Chicago, no longer acceptable?
A bit of a boring post (most of them are). I know I have to finish part 2 of the story relating my experiences with my first press release. Hopefully I can get to it this week!
This post has been viewed: 427 time(s)
1. Nook?? I thought you said you were getting a kindle? Is the nook an e-ink device?
2. Insurance companies are dirtbags. I'm still wondering why this is a "for profit" industry
3. It seems quiet everywhere, except on the Sciam guest blog where Bora seems to be churning out two blogger posts a day.
4. Loved her quote the other day where she said that everything she ever needed to know she learned in Iowa. She left Iowa after grade school. If the repubs want to put her on the big stage, then I say go for it! It worked really well for them when they put Palin in the spotlight.
5. I think they're just using Blago as a scapegoat to cover up future corruption. Chicago is beautiful, but it's a dirty city underneath. I had a friend in highschool whose cousin was a small time mobster. He got jailed for a toll booth quarter skimming scheme. He now lives in a mansion in Puerto Rico or something for taking the fall.
Yah, I thought I was going to get a Kindle as well ... but then I saw the Nook 2 and was hooked. Plus it's gotten me back into the bookstore a lot more often, something Amazon wouldn't have been able to do. And yes, the Nook 2 is an e-ink device.