It's a Micro World after all is a blog dedicated to discussing pretty much whatever I feel like. When I delve into scientific matters it will primarily be discussing microbiology (agricultural, bioenergy, and environmental focus). Otherwise, I'll probably ramble on about sports and life.
My posts are presented as opinion and commentary and do not represent the views of LabSpaces Productions, LLC, my employer, or my educational institution.
Please wait while my tweets load
1. Got to lay blame for this incident at the feet of the Olympic National Park Rangers. Their "fun" -- in the form of taunting this animal by shooting bean bags at it -- led to the death of a 63 year old hiker. Also, who in their right mind tells visitors to the park to hurl stones at a wild animal? Other than these idiotic park rangers that is. A tragic, completely avoidable, mess. Heads should roll over this.
2. Stupid people should not breed. Here is the evidence.
3. If anyone spots the truck which ran through my sinuses, can you take the number down please? I've actually got a Research Blogging post in the works because of my allergies, if I can only recover long enough to get my eyes to focus on the manuscript to read it.
4. I love my Blackberry. I love Poynt too, though it'd be even more spectacular if Poynt could work with my GPS system (AT&T Navigator) instead of just working with Blackberry Maps.
5. I suppose no one in the CIA ever played "hide 'n go seek" as a child? Otherwise maybe we'd have found Osama bin Laden by now.
6. Speaking of which ... perhaps it's time we adjusted our own strategies, since like, you know, he isn't going to help us find him.
7. Have I mentioned that I really hate allergy season? I'm living on chicken soup, Zyrtec, Mucinex, grapefruit juice, and Halls menthol drops. Not the best diet in the world ... though I wonder if I'll lose weight by the time this is all said and done.
8. I'll get back to more productive stuff once this I recover, though to be honest then it's time to start getting ready for my tri-societal meeting, a small grant I'm putting together, and a manuscript. The fun never ceases.
Hope everyone is in better condition than I am!
This post has been viewed: 160 time(s)
I wouldn't mind shooting bean bags and hurling rocks at the park rangers. I wonder if they might feel like attacking someone after a while?
I misread your number 7. At first pass I somehow read : "I'm into chicken soup, zyrtec, mucinex..." which of course my mind finished with walks on the beach and pina coladas. Then I reread the sentence. Hope you feel better. I had a spat of food poisoning last week and I'm not sure that I consider that worse than allergies. At least it goes away in a timely manner.
I hope you feel better soon, TJ!
Ugh, allergy season sucks! I used to suffer terribly back in the UK, but don't seem to be quite so bad here, which is weird because it's such an agricultural area that I would think that it would bother me more. But people tell me it takes a couple of years and then they start, so I'm expecting it to hit next year! Oh joy!
Seriously, stupid people really shouldn't be allowed to have kids! This reminds me a little of the beginning sequence from Idiocracy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSROlfR7WTo
Thanks folks. The sore throat and ear ache's are gone. Just a mess of compacted snot clogging my sinuses. Off to work!
Glad you're feeling at least a little better.