It's a Micro World after all is a blog dedicated to discussing pretty much whatever I feel like. When I delve into scientific matters it will primarily be discussing microbiology (agricultural, bioenergy, and environmental focus). Otherwise, I'll probably ramble on about sports and life.
My posts are presented as opinion and commentary and do not represent the views of LabSpaces Productions, LLC, my employer, or my educational institution.
Please wait while my tweets load
1. Brett Favre has announced his retirement seventeen times!?! Wow.
3. Can't say that I followed much of the Edwardses drama over the past couple of years. I do think it's sad that she has passed away from cancer, especially with her family in such a disarrayed state. It also makes me think about my own personal health, which I think is something I'll blog about in the future.
4. Speaking of which, this is the time of year where I start giving away some of my annual leave. I am allowed to accumulate only so many hours before they start falling into a "use or lose" bin. The holiday season will use up about half of those hours (if I take a solid week or more off) but the rest need to be used somehow. I've tried to pick several people who need the hours badly (because they've used up their annual and sick leave fighting medical conditions). I don't believe that "what goes around comes around", but I do think that helping develop a culture where people are kind and considerate for each other can only be of benefit for all involved (including me if I ever -- God forbid -- need the help myself).
5. I've already stated my desire to kill the Comic Sans font. I'm down with killing the smiley too. Oh and WTF MicroSoft. You actually have a smiley face symbol? How many times have seen that symbol in Outlook? More than I care too, and all work-related emails to boot.
6. My favorite holiday season quote:
May all my enemies go to hell, Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel. - Hilaire Belloc
This post has been viewed: 125 time(s)